Restitution of Jewish Property in Post-Holocaust Bucharest, 1944-1950
- Date: 10/5/2017 at 1:15 PM – 3:00 PM
- Location: Hugo Valentin - centrum, Engelska parken Thunbergsvägen 3D, 1 tr, Hugo Valentin-rummet
- Lecturer: Stefan Cristian Ionescu
- Organizer: Hugo Valentin-centrum
- Contact person: Carl Henrik Carlsson
- Phone: 070-5555722
Stefan Cristian Ionescu, Deputy University lecturer at the Hugo Valentin Centre, presents one of his research projects.
Stefan Cristian Ionescu studied law (LLB) at the Bucharest Law School and history and Jewish studies (MA) at Central European University (Budapest, Hungary). He earned his doctoral degree in history at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA, in 2013. His doctoral research examined the process of Romanianization (the equivalent of Nazi Aryanization) of Jewish and Roma/Gypsy property in World-War-II Bucharest and was published in 2015 by Palgrave Macmillan as Jewish Resistance to Romanianization, 1940-1944.